Anime St.George is Evolving!
Hey everyone, Time for the big announcement!
Anime St. George is evolving! No more being like a lowly little Magikarp flopping around with its wimpy Splash Attack. Starting next year we are evolving into being like a Gyarados that is going to totally blow everyone’s minds!
With the success of OkamiCon (Now titled OkamiCon Nevada) last month in Mesquite, Nevada, changes are going to be made to Anime St. George to not only bring more for you, our attendees, but to also help our convention grow to being more then just being a Magikarp.
Starting next year for our 2013 event, we are officially changing the name of Anime St. George to OkamiCon Utah. That will not be happening this year. This year we are still going to be called Anime St. George and you will still access everything from our website www.animesg.net. However, starting next year, here are some of the changes you can expect:
- Event will be listed as OkamiCon Utah on all material and event listings.
- OkamiCon Utah will have it’s own dedicated page on the OkamiCon Website (www.okamicon.com). You will simply need to choose your destination on the splash page; Utah for OkamiCon Utah, Nevada for OkamiCon Nevada.
- We will be transitioning to a new dedicated Facebook Page: OkamiCon Utah.
- We will no longer have AnimeSG Twitter and transition to OkamiCon Twitter.
- We will no longer have this blog and be transitioning over to OkamiCon Blog.
Those are just a few things on the technical side. What you can expect on the event side:
- We will be going two days for OkamiCon Utah 2013.
- We will be multi-genre and not only cover anime but anime, comics and gaming (video games, table top, TCG etc).
Despite most of these changes not happening until next year, we are going to mix things up quite a bit this year:
- No more lecture style panels. Instead we are going to have interactive activities and games.
- New layout for the convention itself.
- More space for dealers (still need a confirmation on this one)
- Masquerade and Dance will be earlier in the day so the convention will close up around 8:30 pm.
I have yet to update the webpage with these changes yet. I am going to try and meet with the hotel later this week to get confirmation on setup before put all of the revised information on the web. Keep in touch with future updates because I will post a little Q&A announcement for those who might be feeling a little nervous about these changes.
Posted on June 25, 2012, in Announcements and tagged Anime, anime conventions, anime st george, comics, conventions, Cosplay, Manga, OkamiCon, southern utah, st. george, utah, video games. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.