Category Archives: Announcements
So the convention is just around the corner (this Saturday)! I am currently both horribly excited and horribly nervous. That being said, there is something important I should bring to people’s attention:
Somehow, people have been able to continue to per-register for Anime St. George 2012 even though pre-registration has been closed since September 17th…and the button is not even on the web page anymore.
There are a few different ways how this could be happening:
- People adding badges to cart before closing and simply paying for them after closing.
- People seeing a cached version of the web page which still has the pre-reg button available.
Now, I do not mind people pre-registering a three days after closing; that is fine and doable. However, having people pre-register three days BEFORE the convention is not. This is because I print everything out a head of time and pack it all up to be transported a few days before.
Luckily, I have not started printing out the pre-registration badges until today so there is no harm done. HOWEVER, I will and have deleted the Paypal button all together to prevent anyone from pre-registering after closing. If anyone else somehow (though I doubt it) manages to send in pre-registration after last night will be refunded.
If you have been on our website recently (www.animesg.net) you may have noticed that everything has been updated and the layout is now featuring a completely new design. For those who are interested, here is a list of all the changes made:
Design & Layout
- Lighter color scheme implemented
- All graphics change to follow “Ink Splat” design
- Menu relocated to the side bar
- Mouse over on link effect
- Social Media buttons added under side bar menu
- Special Programing Page added
- This page will feature special programing such as video game tournaments, demos, and other notable activities.
- Volunteers Page Removed
- Schedule Page updated (Includes Programing Schedule and Screening Schedule)
- Masquerade Page Updated (Includes Online Masquerade Registration)
- Contact Us form changed so that people may submit questions/comments for OkamiCorner via email
- Twitter Button on side bar leads to OkamiCon Twitter instead of Anime SG. However, Anime SG is still streamed to the front page until we officially change over to OkamiCon Utah.
- Advertising Link for some reason will not open in new tab in Fire Fox. The issue is currently being looked into. You may still open it in a new tab manually in Fire Fox and it has no problems opening in Internet Explorer.
- Masquerade Online signups have been extended until September 15th. You can still always sign up at the convention as always.
Some of you guys have been wondering about the fate of our beloved Anime St. George Mascots as we make the transition to OkamiCon Utah. Wait no further! That question has been answered on this weeks episode of OkamiCorner!
Stay tune because every new episode of OkamiCorner is going to be posted on our blog from now on! 😀
Hey everyone, Time for the big announcement!
Anime St. George is evolving! No more being like a lowly little Magikarp flopping around with its wimpy Splash Attack. Starting next year we are evolving into being like a Gyarados that is going to totally blow everyone’s minds!
With the success of OkamiCon (Now titled OkamiCon Nevada) last month in Mesquite, Nevada, changes are going to be made to Anime St. George to not only bring more for you, our attendees, but to also help our convention grow to being more then just being a Magikarp.
Starting next year for our 2013 event, we are officially changing the name of Anime St. George to OkamiCon Utah. That will not be happening this year. This year we are still going to be called Anime St. George and you will still access everything from our website www.animesg.net. However, starting next year, here are some of the changes you can expect:
- Event will be listed as OkamiCon Utah on all material and event listings.
- OkamiCon Utah will have it’s own dedicated page on the OkamiCon Website (www.okamicon.com). You will simply need to choose your destination on the splash page; Utah for OkamiCon Utah, Nevada for OkamiCon Nevada.
- We will be transitioning to a new dedicated Facebook Page: OkamiCon Utah.
- We will no longer have AnimeSG Twitter and transition to OkamiCon Twitter.
- We will no longer have this blog and be transitioning over to OkamiCon Blog.
Those are just a few things on the technical side. What you can expect on the event side:
- We will be going two days for OkamiCon Utah 2013.
- We will be multi-genre and not only cover anime but anime, comics and gaming (video games, table top, TCG etc).
Despite most of these changes not happening until next year, we are going to mix things up quite a bit this year:
- No more lecture style panels. Instead we are going to have interactive activities and games.
- New layout for the convention itself.
- More space for dealers (still need a confirmation on this one)
- Masquerade and Dance will be earlier in the day so the convention will close up around 8:30 pm.
I have yet to update the webpage with these changes yet. I am going to try and meet with the hotel later this week to get confirmation on setup before put all of the revised information on the web. Keep in touch with future updates because I will post a little Q&A announcement for those who might be feeling a little nervous about these changes.
Hey Everyone! Long time no update!
Now that OkamiCon 2012 is finished, things are going to start jumping for Anime St. George soon. Unlike the last three years, we are going to try something a little different this year. New setup, new activities and more. While I am not one to tip my hand right away (and I just love teasing you guys!) all of these is going to be a prelude to something totally epic awesome that will soon be in store for Anime SG. While I may let you guys know a head of time here on the blog and on other social media, the official announcement will not be made until the convention.
But just to tease you all the same…here are some hints!
-Anime SG is evolving starting next year.
-This has something to do with the growing success of OkamiCon.
-It is bigger than a bread box.
If you think you can figure it out with just those three hints, please feel free to comment. If not, stay tune for some more teasers for what is to come!