Lately I have been wondering “Hmmm…I wonder why no one has signed up for the Masquerade at Anime St. George 2012?” Then it occurred to me to check and actually see if the form was up…at lol and behold, it wasn’t.
So very sorry about that. I thought I had put it online but seems that I was thinking about the OTHER Masquerade form which really doesn’t apply here. All the same, the form will be put online with the new updates that are coming shortly and I will make sure to give you happy cosplayers out there plenty of time to make your submissions. Good thing the convention isn’t until the end of September eh? Heheheh *nervous laugh*.
But for those of you who have been thinking about entering the Masquerade, you really should. We are implementing a new voting system as well as have all the kinks worked out with our sound system. Now you will be able to bring in a CD or flash drive with your music and we will be able to plug it right!
Stay tune! The form will be up soon on a spiffy new webpage! 😀
A x e l – F goes out on location for the first time! Watch her coverage of a parade for Pioneer Days! Come hang out at the next upcoming parade and you might be lucky enough to get one of her awesome post cards! 😀
You have been sending in your questions and comments and now I read them off in this episode of OkamiCorner!
Some of you guys have been wondering about the fate of our beloved Anime St. George Mascots as we make the transition to OkamiCon Utah. Wait no further! That question has been answered on this weeks episode of OkamiCorner!
Stay tune because every new episode of OkamiCorner is going to be posted on our blog from now on! 😀
Hey everyone, Time for the big announcement!
Anime St. George is evolving! No more being like a lowly little Magikarp flopping around with its wimpy Splash Attack. Starting next year we are evolving into being like a Gyarados that is going to totally blow everyone’s minds!
With the success of OkamiCon (Now titled OkamiCon Nevada) last month in Mesquite, Nevada, changes are going to be made to Anime St. George to not only bring more for you, our attendees, but to also help our convention grow to being more then just being a Magikarp.
Starting next year for our 2013 event, we are officially changing the name of Anime St. George to OkamiCon Utah. That will not be happening this year. This year we are still going to be called Anime St. George and you will still access everything from our website www.animesg.net. However, starting next year, here are some of the changes you can expect:
- Event will be listed as OkamiCon Utah on all material and event listings.
- OkamiCon Utah will have it’s own dedicated page on the OkamiCon Website (www.okamicon.com). You will simply need to choose your destination on the splash page; Utah for OkamiCon Utah, Nevada for OkamiCon Nevada.
- We will be transitioning to a new dedicated Facebook Page: OkamiCon Utah.
- We will no longer have AnimeSG Twitter and transition to OkamiCon Twitter.
- We will no longer have this blog and be transitioning over to OkamiCon Blog.
Those are just a few things on the technical side. What you can expect on the event side:
- We will be going two days for OkamiCon Utah 2013.
- We will be multi-genre and not only cover anime but anime, comics and gaming (video games, table top, TCG etc).
Despite most of these changes not happening until next year, we are going to mix things up quite a bit this year:
- No more lecture style panels. Instead we are going to have interactive activities and games.
- New layout for the convention itself.
- More space for dealers (still need a confirmation on this one)
- Masquerade and Dance will be earlier in the day so the convention will close up around 8:30 pm.
I have yet to update the webpage with these changes yet. I am going to try and meet with the hotel later this week to get confirmation on setup before put all of the revised information on the web. Keep in touch with future updates because I will post a little Q&A announcement for those who might be feeling a little nervous about these changes.